Thursday, May 15, 2008

Birthday Wishes

So lucky me, seriously, that my birthday landed on a weigh in day. The reason is that I'm quite sure dinner had more calories that I'm allowed in 2 days. It was a seared Ahi with a wasabi cream sauce, fried wontons and rice. It was accompanied by 2 beers and since it was my birthday, a piece of decadent chocolate cake. But hey, it IS my birthday, right? And it was AFTER my weigh in, and I got all week to lose it!!! Sara made me promise I wouldn't count points today and just have fun, which is exactly what I did.

We had dinner at a restaurant along the water on the other side of San Diego bay. We drove there, but just as we were leaving a water taxi pulled up to drop some people off. Lily and I decided to take a ride and took the water taxi back across the bay and Sara picked us up in the car on the other side. It was a really nice night.

So as a present to myself apparently, I also had good news on the weigh in side of things:

Today's Weight: 217.6 lbs
Weekly Loss: 2.2 lbs
Total Loss: 55 lbs

55, I love that, nice even numbers. So the next goal of course is 60 lbs, but I'm going to give myself a break and budget 3 weeks for that. I have not exercised in over a week and a half. I have been living in the 95th circle of hell during that time at a customer, my worst one ever. It's early morning and late nights every single day. But between that, burning off this dinner, and the fact that the lighter I am the harder it is to lose weight, I think 3 weeks is an ok number.

So after 60 I'm knocking on the door of being under 210. And when I do that, wow, you know how HUGE being under 200 would be. It would be my singular focus. I think I'll cry. But those are my goals, I feel like it's so close, I had given up ever being in this position again.

It's taught me a lot to go through this, AGAIN. The first time was easy, but I let myself go and I was too proud to go back and seek help at weight watchers before it got out of hand. That won't happen again. I'm not saying that I won't struggle, just that I won't be too proud to go back to WW. And then of course, the fact that it's never too late, and you can do it again, even if it is hard. Looking back, it's only been 5 months and I've lost 55 lbs. I'm a new person, and that really wasn't too long. In fact, I've been enjoying the benefits since the first week.

Either way, time to enjoy the rest of my birthday.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Simply awesome.

It's going to be so weird when we see you guys. Can you tape a picture of your old self on a stick and hold it up over your face when we arrive so we recognize you?
Thanks.