Monday, November 9, 2009

Starting Again

First let admit something I've admitted to myself before, this will be a lifelong struggle. This time changing it up a little bit though, I've dropped all meats minus Seafood and Eggs from my diet. Actually been rather successful since the beginning of September. It's not THAT big of a deal for me because I've always loved seafood so much.

Anyway, after being convinced that eating no red meat and poultry was sustainable, I actively started trying to lose weight. First, with no exercise. The reason for that is twofold. First, I wanted to dip my toe in the process again and not burn myself out emotionally early. Second, taking off some of the weight, even 10 pounds, helps my knees in any exercising.

So after about 2.5 weeks, I'm ready to publish my early results, kind of. Still embarrassed how out of hand I let my weight get.... again. So instead of publishing raw numbers, I'm publishing percentage of my desired weight loss. For example, if I wanted to lose 20 lbs, and I had lost 5 lbs so far, I would be at 25%. At 10 lbs, I'd be at 50%, etc. When I reach 100%, I will have lost all the weight I am wanting to lose. So in the graph, up is good! ;-) Current loss, 18%. Which is great, because I want to lose a whole lot more than 20 lbs.

I will post often again to this, wish me luck!


1 comment:

Adam said...

Atta boy! I was missing coming here and reading about your progress. Thanks for coming back.

This is going to motivate me as well, as I'm already getting ready for the winter months in MN...ugh.